Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Red Blend!

My friends brought me to Squire's Loft in Melbourne today. They mainly serve steak. And I must say, I haven't had such a nice piece of steak for a long time. I had a Rib Eye with the bone and creamy garlic sauce. The Rib Eye was cooked just nice to my liking of medium rare and the creamy garlic sauce enchanced the taste. Not forgetting, Rib Eye is my favourite cut because of the thin layer of fats that accompany it. Need I say more??

With that said, how can you have steak without some red wine!?!!!??!

SO, of coz, being me, a bottle of wine is a DEFINITE MUST!!

The wine in today's tasting is the Leeuwin Estate "Prelude" Vineyards Cabernet Merlot from Margaret River. Its a red blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot grapes.

Leeuwin Estate, Margaret River, "Prelude" Cabernet Merlot 2002

Tasting Notes,
Nice oaky taste with strong hints of blackcurrent and tobacco, finishing with a nice long lingering taste.

Personal Rating: 4/5

I'm a sucker of wines with a nice long lingering taste. But I must say, the oaky taste is just nice to my liking. The wine went exceptionally well with my steak. Its also perfect by itself over a nice chat with a friend! :)

No comments: